Sunday, December 7, 2008

"Home Is Where The Heart Is"

All my life I talked about how much I wanted to move away from the little town of Fuquay-Varina to somewhere far, far away. So, when I was ready I transferred to UNCG. Two and half years ago I felt excited about moving to Greensboro to go to UNCG, but I have always missed all my friends and family back home. Still, to this day, I feel alone in Greensboro. I do not have the support system that I once had in my little town.
I have my wonderful doberman/german shepard mix dog named Lady. She is my best friend. Dogs are so much more than some people think. She has the ability to feel the time when I get lonely. We go to the park; she loves the dog park. I love her, and I know that God sent her to me knowing how much she would mean to me, how smart she would be, and how perfect she is for his child, me!
However, unfortunately sometimes is she not enough. I miss the affection when I am upset, I miss the hugs and comfort of my loved ones. Sooo much has happened in the past month that has been hard, but everything that has happened to me has taught me a lesson. God wanted to get my attention, and He got it. I do not know where he will lead me upon graduation, but I hope for a little while it is with my friends and family in Fuquay-Varina, because "Home Is Where The Heart Is."

Exactly where I am suppose to be won't take much time for me to figure out!

No comments: